Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Babysitter, My Friend

(A note from Jessica to Shannon)

Shannon, you asked me to describe you, but that's hard to do. I like so many things about you, even though I often seem frustrated by little things. I like that you ask me deep questions about my faith that require me to really examine what I believe so that I can put it into words.

I like that you are willing to scrapbook with me even if I don't have much time. I appreciate having you to talk to while I'm doing chores around my house, especially when you hold my baby at the same time so that I can get those chores done. When you really laugh (not that fake machine gun chuckle you do to make Kevin laugh), your laughter makes it almost impossible for me to keep a straight face, it's contagious.

I love that you have taken an interest in my girls, because they so badly needed a friend when we moved here in September. I wish you and Gloria were closer because I know she would love to have the same great friendship that you instantly had with Danya.

Since I first met you it seems like you have become more reliable, more responsible, more mature, and you have earned my trust. Except for a few tiny mistakes, you have done really well taking care of Kevin and the girls. I can tell you are going to be a great mom some day! I hope that we stay friends for a very long time. You will always be welcome at our house, even after we move.
(P.S. - I hope you don't mind me posting this!)

No comments: